BE PART OF AN INDUSTRY LEADING TEAM.
Pay Range: Non-Exempt
Posting Close: May 10, 2019
Job Posting #: 32-2019
Safety Technician is responsible for working on and traveling to various 1845 customer well and loading facilities to oversee the safety compliance of 1845 company and owner operator drivers. As such they will ensure that persons reporting to the well are in compliance with company and customer standards and expectations.
- Serve as safety and compliance subject matter expert on assigned well and provide guidance and direction to drivers and any 1845 employees/contractors on site to minimize safety/compliance problems in assigned areas.
- Monitor drivers to ensure that all safety procedures and standards are being followed at all times.
- Assist in conducting accident investigations and serve as the company liaison.
- Plan, prepare and conduct required assessments, evaluations, audits, surveillance and assessments; monitoring of safety related activities and communicate results to HSE Manager.
- Assist HSE Manager with alternative solutions to existing problems for continuous improvement.
- Assist with coordinating corrective action responses for external assessments, audits or surveillances.
- Review, issue, track, follow-up and closeout safety and compliance violations.
- Assist verifying directions to well sites and loading facilities and assessing road conditions of routes.
- Miscellaneous duties as needed or assigned.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- 2 years’ well site experience in the oil field industry in a Safety Technician or similar role.
- OSHA 10 General Industry Certification.
- OSHA 30 General Industry and/or BCSE Certification preferred, but not required.
- Intermediate user knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Valid Texas Drivers License and a good driving record.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of people.
- Ability to travel up to 50% of the time.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must be proactive.
- Develops and maintains cooperative and professional relationships with drivers and company personnel.
- Uses logic and reasoning to analyze, understand, and evaluate situations. Identifies the strengths and weaknesses of alternative approaches or solutions to a situation. Exercises appropriate judgment in establishing priorities.
- Ability to multi-task (answer calls & emails at the same time).
- Understand maps/ giving directions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere under pressure.
- Organizational skills to handle and determine appropriate priorities.
- Basic understanding of safety regulations and DOT compliance.
- Ability to work independently in an environment where priorities change quickly.
- Ability to work extended hours and shifts with little or no notice
Americans with Disabilities Act – 1845 Oil Field Services will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Amendment Act. We are always willing to consider reasonable accommodations, which may allow a disabled person to perform this or any other job. The requirements are a list of what we believe at this point to be necessary in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information is only an illustration of the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between 1845 Oil Field Services and employee and is subject to change by 1845 Oil Field Services as the needs of 1845 Oil Field Services and requirements of the job change.
Please see Human Resources to review the complete job description.