BE PART OF AN INDUSTRY LEADING TEAM
Pay Range: Exempt
Posting Close: May 10, 2019
Job Posting #: 31-2019
The Safety Manager, under the direction of the Safety& Compliance, V.P., will be responsible to lead the safety efforts and practices in the workplace. Also, responsible for our DOT employees and the people we interact with,a focus on training, education, and mentoring to eliminate driver vehicle accidents, incidents, and violations.
- Provides leadership, counseling and mentoring to safety personnel.
- Identify, establish safety training requirements for company programs and the associated methods of communication for DOT classified workforce.
- Design and promote an accident and injury free culture and safety programs.
- Support safety staff through accident investigation, occupational injuries and make recommendations regarding causes, preventability, and retraining.
- Stay up to date on Department of Transportation, Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration, and OSHA regulations.
- Lead the efforts to ensure the training in E-Logs and Hours of Service; offers recommendations an action plan based on data and trends or inaccuracies.
- Perform data analysis.
- Ensures compliance with all State and Federal safety related regulations.
- Perform work safely and in accordance with company standards and safety regulations.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Perform other reasonable duties as requested.
- High school diploma or equivalent certification.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Two years of experience working in the transportation industry.
- Five years of previous experience in Safety and Compliance.
- Ability to maintain confidential information.
- Formal training on Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration’s Hours of Service regulations.
- Ability to comply with company attendance; work extended hours and shifts with little or no notice.
Americans with Disabilities Act – 1845 Oil Field Services will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Amendment Act. We are always willing to consider reasonable accommodations, which may allow a disabled person to perform this or any other job. The requirements are a list of what we believe at this point to be necessary in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information is only an illustration of the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between 1845 Oil Field Services and employee and is subject to change by 1845 Oil Field Services as the needs of 1845 Oil Field Services and requirements of the job change.
Please see Human Resources to review the complete job description.