BE PART OF AN INDUSTRY LEADING TEAM.
Pay Range: Non-Exempt
Posting Close: May 10, 2019
Job Posting #: 33-2019
The Compliance Administrator will be responsible for auditing and compiling driver qualification files, confirm and validate all Department of Transportation and 1845 processes to ensure Federal Motor Carrier Safety regulations.
- Populate and manage Electronic Logging Devices to ensure all drivers credentials and files are compliant with the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration.
- Monitor the in-cab video system to ensure proper function, critical events, driver and truck data to ensure driver assignment.
- Analyze reports and investigate, problem solve and determine compliant options on electronic logging functions, Hours of Service compliance and documents needed for compliance of Department of Transportation.
- Make independent decisions that may impact a driver’s record of duty status to ensure compliance.
- Track and report concerns and violation patterns, issues and risks – daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annually.
- Assess data for violation trends. Recommend training, intervention and other corrective action measures.
- Advise and coach drivers in Hours of Service regulations, in-cab video systems and the use of the electronic logging systems.
- Establish a solid business relationship and maintain open, accurate and timely two-way communication with internal and external customers.
- Review driver logs to confirm compliance,proper completion of logs, evaluate truck speed, Roadside Inspections, citations, hours of service, check fuel stops, and other regulatory items.
- Perform work safely and in accordance with company standards and safety regulations.
- Comply with all attendance and company policies and processes.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Perform other reasonable duties as requested.
- High school diploma or the equivalent.
- 2 (two) years of FMCSA regulations and compliance experience.
- Ability to effectively communicate with drivers, contractors,internal and external customers.
- Intermediate experience with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with employees, contractors, visitors, vendors, customers.
- Proficiency in hours of service regulations, preferred ELD experience.
- Must be proactive.
- Ability to multi-task (answer calls & emails at the same time).
- Ability to work in a fast-paced atmosphere under pressure.
- Organizational skills to handle and determine appropriate priorities.
- Ability to work independently in an environment where priorities change quickly.
- Ability to work extended hours and shifts with little or no notice.
Americans with Disabilities Act – 1845 Oil Field Services will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Amendment Act. We are always willing to consider reasonable accommodations, which may allow a disabled person to perform this or any other job. The requirements are a list of what we believe at this point to be necessary in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
Disclaimer – The above information is only an illustration of the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
Please see Human Resources to review the complete job description.