Reports To: Health, Safety and Environmental Manager
Safety Technician is responsible for working on and traveling to various 1845 customer well and loading facilities to oversee the safety compliance of 1845 company and owner operator drivers. As such they will ensure that persons reporting to the well are in compliance with company & customer standards and expectations.
- Conducts self in an appropriate manner as a representative of 1845 Safety working effectively and in accordance with all company and customer standards and expectations while on well site
- Serve as safety and compliance subject matter expert on assigned well
- Provide guidance and direction to drivers and any 1845 employees/contractors on site to minimize safety/compliance problems in assigned areas
- Monitor drivers during loading and unloading operations to ensure that all safety and operational standards are being meet
- Collect data and create reports and communicate results to HSE Manager
- Perform required assessments, evaluations, audits and surveillance
- Plan, prepare, conduct and report on surveillances, assessments and monitoring of safety-related activities in assigned areas
- Assist HSE Manager with alternative solutions to existing problems for continuous improvement
- Perform all detail work necessary to implement actions needed to incorporate best alternatives
- Coordinate corrective action responses for external assessments, audits or surveillances
- Review, issue, track, follow-up and closeout any safety/compliance violations as needed
- Provide safety/compliance guidance and support, compliance oversight and subject matter expertise in effectively managing 1845 well site safety/compliance
- Work with customer contact at well sites and loading facilities to confirm 1845 personnel is meeting expectations
- Assist safety department with verifying directions to well sites and loading facilities and assessing road conditions of the routes
- Other reasonably related duties
- Must comply with all attendance and company policies and processes.
- High school diploma or the equivalent certification
- Two years of safety experience in the oil field industry
- Intermediate knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office products
- OSHA 10 General Industry Certification
- Valid driver’s license and a driving record compliant with company standards
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to travel more than 90% of the time
- Intermediate knowledge of DOT, OSHA, and EPA compliance
- Ability to comply with company attendance work extended hours and shifts with little or no notice.
Americans with Disabilities Act – 1845 Oil Field Services will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act. We are always willing to consider reasonable accommodations, which may allow a disabled person to perform this or any other job. The requirements are a list of what we believe at this point to be necessary in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information is only an illustration of the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between 1845 Oil Field Services and employee and is subject to change by 1845 Oil Field Services as the needs of 1845 Oil Field Services and requirements of the job change.
Please see Human Resources to review the complete job description.
1845 Oil Field Services is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Apply Now