Human Resources Generalist
The Human Resource Generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties on a professional level and works closely as a partner with local management as well as our regional management teams. This position will support the operational goals of the organization by focusing on the following functional areas: employee relations, training, performance management, on-boarding, policy implementation, recruitment, benefits administration and compliance.
- Partners with management and employees to provide guidance, coaching, and/or counseling regarding various human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards and other government regulations.
- Proactively collaborates with management to help identify and implement employee relations strategies that minimize risk. Provide guidance and consultation on how to avoid potential employee problems and issues by managing and resolving complex employee relations issues.
- Conducts effective, thorough, and objective investigations.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of current employment law and HR Best Practices, interprets applicability of state and federal law, and company policy.
- Develops and nurtures strong relationships with internal customers, effectively representing HR on-site and in remote locations; proactively leads and supports the delivery of HR programs and processes.
- Responsible for daily administrative tasks associated with proper employee documentation.
- Effectively interprets and manages FMLA, ADA, and workers’ compensation implications as they relate to leave of absences/disabilities.
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale,increase productivity, and elevate retention.
- Provides guidance and input on workforce planning and succession planning. Participates in evaluation and monitoring of the success of training programs. Follows up to ensure training objectives are met.
- Shares responsibility for maintaining human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database, as well as filing and personnel file maintenance.
- Collaborate with management in selecting talent for the organizationfor all exempt and nonexempt/hourly personnel, as well as temporary employees.Initiate and ensure successful onboarding.
- Assists in evaluation of reports, decisions and results vs established goals. Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to ensure continual improvements in efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Assist with development and maintenance of the company’s compensation systems, by performing compensation and job analysis and making recommendations.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Attendance is an essential function of this position.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as an HR Generalist.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- HR Certification preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Office applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to effectively communicate with a diverse group of people.
- Proven ability to exercise discretion, independent judgment, tact and diplomacy when making decisions and interacting with employees, contractors, visitors, vendors and customers.
- Must be a team player with strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with employees, contractors, visitors, vendors and customers.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to adapt to various competing demands with a sense of urgency.
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to stay focused under pressure with changing priorities.
- Proven ability to be accurate, detail oriented and able to carry out routine data entry and reporting functions.
- Ability to travel by car long distances (500 miles). Expected travel is up to 15% of the time.
- Ability to maintain a valid driver’s license, a driving record satisfactory to the Company and the minimum state required insurance.
Americans with Disabilities Act – 1845 Oil Field Services will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Amendment Act. We are always willing to consider reasonable accommodations, which may allow a disabled person to perform this or any other job. The requirements are a list of what we believe at this point to be necessary in order to perform the essential functions of the job.
The above information is only an illustration of the general nature and level of work performed by the employee within this classification. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between 1845 Oil Field Services and employee and is subject to change by 1845 Oil Field Services as the needs of 1845 Oil Field Services and requirements of the job change.
Please see Human Resources to review the complete job description.
1845 Oil Field Services is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.Apply Now